As far as insurance goes, life cover is pretty straightforward: if you die for any reason, the cover amount (or sum assured) is paid out to whoever you choose (your beneficiaries). With life cover in place, you’ll know that your family and financial commitments will be taken care of when you’re gone. That’s the Different Life peace of mind.
• Settling your personal debts, family debts, medical bills, paying school fees and more. Your beneficiaries can choose!
• Providing investment income for dependents’ recurring expenses such as education and living costs.
• Leaving an inheritance for beneficiaries.
• If you cause your own death, and it is believed that suicide was intended.
• Certain specific exclusions (which will be very clearly communicated during the process of buying a policy) based on your health or your lifestyle.
Depending on your income, you can qualify for Life Cover of between R100 000 and R10 million.
Life Cover only expires at death.
You can customise your Life Cover to include our following add-ons: accelerated funeral, terminal illness benefit, double accident, and guaranteed insurability benefit.
In the event of your death, the funeral cover amount will be paid to your nominated beneficiaries within 48 hours of all required information for a valid claim being received.
The remaining portion of the Life Cover amount will be paid after a full claims investigation has been completed.
If you are diagnosed with a life expectancy of less than 12 months – confirmed by a Different Life medical officer using industry best practice to assess the diagnosis– the Life Cover amount can be advanced in full following the standard claims procedure.
In the event that a claim arises from an accident, the additional cover amount will be paid to you or your beneficiaries.
This benefit allows you to increase your benefits cover at certain times and events, with limited or no underwriting, by an additional 25% each time, never exceeding the cover amount of your total Guaranteed Insurability Cover (provided that you have not claimed to date).